Laboration 3 (assigned on Jan 31, optional)
Implement and test a rule-based controller
Steps (all optional)
- Implement the GoTo rule-based controller,
and test it with different start and goal positions.
- Implement the AvoidObstacles rule-based controller,
and test it with different configurations of obstacles
and obstacles of different colors
- Tune the parameters used to set the FPreds until you obtain a good behavior
(for AvoidObstacles you also need to tune the value of DangerThreshold)
- Try to modify the rules in the behavior: can you find a simpler set of rules?
can you find a better set of rules? Explain your findings, in all cases.
- Implement a FollowObstacle behavior as hinted at in the lesson,
and test it
Optional report due: Feb 10
Include (only) your code, with comments.
Discuss how the testing has been done,
and show the trajectory of the robot in a few sample runs
Discuss how the tuning have been done, and show the trajectory of the robot
in a case with good tuning and in a case with bad tuning.
Explain what was bad in the bad tuning.
Discuss how you have changed the rules and why, if you did so