Laboratory 6 - Putting things together
(assigned on Oct 2)
Implement and test a Sense-Plan-Act (SPA) architecture
- Create a top-level program that: reads a gridmap from a file, plans
a path from a given start position to a given goal position, makes the
robot follow that path to the goal, and stops.
- Decide a configuration of obstacles in your playground, and create a
gridmap that models that configuration. Run your program using that
gridmap, for a given start and goal position.
- Test your program with different start and goal positions, and with
different configurations of obstacles.
- Implement a Reactive architecture. This will only require small
changes to the logic of your top-level program. However, and more
importantly, it will also require you to combine the fuzzy rules for
going to the goal with the rules for avoiding obstacles. Use the hints
given during the lecture to do this.
- Test your Reactive architecture with the same start and goal
positions and the same configurations of obstacles that you used for
Option 3. What difference do you notice between the behavior of the
robot using the SPA architecture, and the one using the Reactive
No report due for this Lab